Firstly, The main aim of the Java programming language and is portable, simple, safe and secure, and as a programming language. In addition to this, there are also a number of great features. Which play a major role in the popularity of the language. Java-functions, which is also known as java buzzwords. Let’s learn about the features of Java.
Java is very easy to learn and its syntax is simple, clean, and easy to understand. According to Sun, Java language is a simple programming language, because:
- The Java syntax is based on C++ (so easier for programmers to learn it after C++).
- Java has removed many of the complicated and rarely used functions, e.g., explicit pointers, operator overloading, etc
- There is no need to remove unreferenced objects because there is an Automatic Garbage Collection in the Java programming language.
Java is an object-oriented programming language. Everything in Java is an object. Object-oriented means we organize our software as a combination of the various types of objects. Which contain both data and behaviour.
Object-oriented programming (OOPs) is a methodology that simplifies software development and maintenance by providing some rules.
Basic concepts of OOPs are:
- Object-oriented software development
Java is platform-independent
The Java language is platform-independent because it is different from other languages like C, C++, etc. Which are compiled into platform-specific machines, while Java is a write-once, run-anywhere language. A platform is the hardware or software environment in which a program runs.
There are two types of platforms software-based and hardware. The Java language provides a software-based platform.
The Java platform differs from most other platforms in the sense that it is a software-based platform that runs on top of other hardware-based platforms. It has two main components:
- The API(Application Programming Interface)
Your Java code can run on multiple platforms, such as Windows, Linux, Sun Solaris, Mac OS, etc. The Java code is compiled by the compiler and converted into bytecode. This bytecode is a platform-independent code because it can be run on multiple platforms i.e. Write once and Run Anywhere(WORA).
Java is the most well-known for their safety and security. In Java, we can develop a virus-free system. Java is secured because:
- No explicit pointers
- Java Programs run in a virtual machine sandbox
- Classloader: Classloader in Java is a part of the Java Runtime Environment(JRE), which is used to load Java classes into the Java Virtual Machine in hardware. It gives a sense of security by separating the package for the classes of the local file system from those that are imported from network sources.
- The byte code Verifier: It checks the code fragments for illegal code that can violate the rights to the item.
- Security Manager: determines what resources a class can access such as reading and writing to the local disk.
- The Java language provides for these securities, which is the default. The security can also be provided by an application developer explicitly through SSL, JAAS, Cryptography, etc
Java is architecture-neutral because there is no implementation-dependent features, such as the size of primitive types is fixed.
In C programming, int data type occupies 2 bytes of memory for 32-bit architecture and 4 bytes of memory for 64-bit architecture. However, it occupies 4 bytes of memory for both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures in the Java programming language.
Java portable, since it makes it easier for you to carry the Java bytecode to any platform. It does not require any implementation of it.
Java is faster than traditional, and interpreted programming languages such as Java byte code is “close” to native code. It’s still a little bit slower than a compiled language such as C++). Java is an interpreted language, it is because it is slower than a compiled language such as C, C++, etc.
The Java language is like, as it makes it easier for the user to create distributed applications in Java. RMI and EJB are used for creating distributed applications.
Hope you have learned about Features of Java. So this is it for this bolg.
Java is a very large, frequently, popular Language with a wide range of possibilities. From web development to app development in Datascience, everywhere, using the Java language it is.
Recent Updates to Java-Kit by oracle is making it more and more and more high-end Features of Java. As to the waiver of one part of which is of no use. In addition, in the development kit, the size is reduced with every update. This also illustrates the architecture of the compiler and the Language.
- Chrome os
- Best free video editing software – Programmer Society
- The Best Video Editing Apps for Mobile – Programmer Society
- Best Programming Language – Programmer Society